How to Apply for Aadhar Card Online. In this article, we will talk about Aadhar card, Aadhar Card Details, who can apply for Aadhar Card, how to check status and make corrections to your Aadhar card and many more. So keep with us.
If you want to know some one’s total information, it is never possible to get ethically because each people carry mystery with him/her that can’t know by another person. But the government of India trying to know all of their citizens and it is possible in most extend by the UIDAI project Aadhar card. The government of India launched the Aadhar card Scheme to know all the relevant details of its residents for providing and organizing the needed services to the citizens of the country. So Aadhar card collects all details of residents, and we have collected all the details of the Aadhar Card in this article, so keep reading to find your answers.
WHAT IS AADHAR CARD?
Aadhar card is a 12-digit unique number which is random and is issued to every Indian Aadhar card is a unique identification proof which has a 12-digit unique number, that is random and issue to every citizen of India irrespective of caste, region, state, etc.
This 12 digit Aadhar number is a centralized unique identification number which is printed on the biometric card as well as stored in the central database. On the card, one can find individuals information like name, address, date of birth, gender, age, etc. the government issued this card and over time the government started to use it for public benefit and services.
This card aims to provide resources for individuals who needed assistance and benefits directly, by dropping the middlemen in the process. And in such way corruption also decreases. The government use the Aadhar network to serve this purpose, link all the essential government benefit schemes and services progressively. Thus, generating a centralized government database that can use to share and keep a record of the different programs and projects along with the recipients.
AADHAR CARD DETAILS
The demographic and biometric details including name, address, contact details, address, gender, date of birth, the fingerprint, retinal scan, etc. all these information are stored in the central database, and some of the details revealed on the Aadhar card are as follows:
- Name of Cardholder
- Aadhar Number
- QR Code
- Date of Birth
WHO CAN APPLY FOR AADHAR CARD?
Since the aadhaar card is proof of identity for the citizen of India, so it can be issued to any native in the country.
Aadhar Card For Indian Citizens
Every Indian citizen who is living in the country can apply for this card as well as avail of its benefits. For A Non-Resident Indian, he/she must be in the country to apply for the card. It is mandatory for every taxpayer to link their PAN with aadhaar.
Aadhar For Minors
The birth certificate and address proof of parents must submit for all the children under five years including newborns. Kids between the age group of 5 to 15 have to submit biometric details as they change with the age. A blue aadhar will issue for children below five years.
Aadhar ForResident Foreigners
Those foreigners who are living in India continuously for 182 days in the past 12 months are eligible to avail of aadhaar related services. Foreigners can also apply for Aadhar because it is not proof of citizenship.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card
At the time of Aadhar enrolment, two things need to be submitted:
- Proof of Address and
- Proof of Identity
UIDAI accepts the following pieces of identity proofs only if the photo and name are clearly visible on Identity proofs.
- Ration Card /PDS Photocard
- Driving License
- Birth Certificate
- NREG’s Jobs Card
- ATM card with Photo
- Voter ID Card
HOW TO GET AADHAR CARD?
To enroll for the Aadhar Card, one has to fill the form that is available on the official website of UIDAI.
To download the aadhar enrolment form click on the image below. One can also fill the form, by visiting nearby the enrolment office in your area. To apply for aadhar card for the first time, you do not have to pay any charge for the first time. But if you want to update your details, then you have to pay aRs 25 charge. After form filled, the next steps of the procedure given below:
Photo and Biometric Data Captured:
The next step after submitting form is to scan the fingerprint & retinal, and the capture of an individual’s photo.
After the process finishes, the employee provides an acknowledgment slip, which can uses until the aadhaar card issued and the URN given can be used to track the status of the application.
Aadhar card issued:
The government agency, UIDAI verify the information captured and submitted by the application. After successful verification, the aadhaar card will issue.
Aadhar card dispatch:
The individual will receive intimation via SMS or email after successful verification, and the card dispatch via post to the mentioned address in the form.
UIDAI – ISSUING AUTHORITY FOR AADHAAR CARD
In early 2009, the government established the UIDAI-Unique Identification Authority of India, to carry out the application and issuance of aadhar card to each citizen of the country India. The primary objective of establishing UIDAI was to dismiss all duplicate and fraud. It runs under the central government with the data center, where the information stored.
IMPORTANT FACTS TO KNOW ABOUT AADHAAR CARD
- A person does need not change or renew his Aadhar card after a particular time as the same information will valid for the entire life.
- In March 2015, Aadhar link with the DigiLocker launch. It made it easy for people to scan and save their important documents in the cloud and share it with the government officials so that they do not have to carry the documents around.
- As of 29th May 2018, 1.21 Billion aadhaar numbers issue in the project.
BENEFITS OF AADHAR CARD
After launching of Aadhar Card, a lot of people were uncertain about the benefits of it, but as time passed the benefits became clear to the people and the government. Here are the benefits of the aadhaar Card and why it is mandatory for every citizen in India.
To avail subsidies and benefits provided by the government, such as food grain, crop insurance schemes, National Career Services and horticultural grants. It is compulsory for them to hold an Aadhar Card. The most significant influence will be on people who depend on food allowances.
It will eliminate the middlemen for giving out benefits of government services and schemes and provide a unified view of the beneficiaries. It will also diminish corruption from the system.
The primary objective of introducing the Aadhar Card is to eliminate all the bogus and fraud identity proofs and activities.
For KYC (Know Your Customer) authentication, it is widely accepted proof for a demat account, mutual fund schemes, vehicle purchase, insurance, gas connection and landline and mobile phones.
For every taxpayer, to filing tax returns, aadhaar Card has been made mandatory along with PAN Card, which must link with aadhaar.
Aadhar card is available everywhere as a government document. A person can download aadhar card online which is known as e-aadhar, view an Aadhar card online. If you have your aadhar number and register mobile number with you, then you can access it from anywhere. This facility becomes very useful when you misplaced it, or you are somewhere outside and need it. In such case, you e-aadhar card is a few clicks away from you.
With the use of aadhar card, passports also easily available within 10 days of the short period. Those who want to apply for a passport can do it using aadhar card as an identity proof and address proof. After application, within three days, an individual has to submit their form and relevant documents according to appointment and passports will dispatch within seven days.
A pensioner also easily receive their pension amount in their account after linking of the Aadhar card with their Pension accounts. The pension disbursed through their Pension organizations.
Aadhar card is the only document that needed to be submitted for opening a bank account under Jan DhanYojna. This scheme helps the people living in remote and rural areas and therefore getting the benefits of it.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
The Aadhar Card is the biggest project in the history of the country, and also around the world. For the residence of the country, the aadhaar card will soon be linked to all services and schemes. So if you have any problems related to your aadhar card, you can ask us, our experts will help you in it.
MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to change an address in aadhar card?
If you want to update your address in the aadhar card with a new address, you can do it by yourself. It is easy you need an active internet connection and few documents as a proof of address.
Click on the following link to make changes in aadhar card and follow the steps given below:
https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/updateand then follow the below mentioned steps to complete the process.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number in the relevant box.
- Enter the text verification code or captcha code.
- Next, click on Send OTP (One Time Password)
- On your registered mobile number with your aadhaar card, you will receive a six-digit OTP.
- Enter the OTP receive and proceed to the next step.
- Select the field of change address and provide the new address details.
- Now, you have to submit the scan copies of all necessary documents as proof of your address.
- Once you submit it, you will be given a URN number, save it or note it down to check the status of your address update request.
How to register mobile number in Aadhar card?
To register your mobile number, you have to visit nearby Aadhar enrolment center only if you have not added your mobile number yet or it is changed. The steps are:
- Go to nearby enrolment center and provide your 12 digit Aadhar number and mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number you have provided.
- Show the OTP to aadhar operator.
- After the verification of OTP, the scan of your biometric will do for further verification purpose.
- After the completion of verification, a confirmation SMS will send to your verified mobile. This message notifies you that you have to apply for linking to your Aadhar card, and within 72 hours your mobile number will link with your UID card.
How to update mobile number in aadhar card?
One can update their mobile number in aadhar card by any of two ways, i.e., one via online process and the other via an offline method by visiting aadhar enrolment center or sending the post.
THE ONLINE METHOD FOR UPDATING THE MOBILE NUMBER:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI from the link given below:
- It will open Aadhar SSUP-Self Service Update Portal page.
- Here, enter your 12-digit Aadhar number and text verification code from the box and click on the tab of “send OTP.”
- You will receive the OTP on your register mobile number, check it and enter it. Now click on Login.
- You will redirect to a new page that will ask you for the details to be updated, select the field you want to update and choose “Mobile Number.”
- Now enter the new mobile number you want to link with your Aadhar and click on “Submit & Update” option.
- Note down the URN to track the status of your Mobile number update.
OFFLINE METHOD FOR UPDATING THE MOBILE NUMBER:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI from the link given below to download the Aadhar correction or Aadhar Update PDF Form:
- In the Mobile number enter the mobile number that you want to update, and fill other necessary information.
- Add relevant document as proof and mention your 12-digit Aadhar number and sign on it.
- After filling the form, submit it at nearest enrolment center or post it on any of following address:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
How to change the name in aadhar card?
You can apply online for change in name, correction or any other update.
For online updates, follow the steps given below:
- Open UIDAI website from the link provided below:
- Now enter your aadhar number of 12 digits, OTP and click on proceed.
- Choose the option you want to make changes and update the details and proceed to next step.
- Upload relevant document like PAN card, driving license, ration card, etc. as a proof of identity or whatever.
- You will receive a confirmation number with the URN after applying. This URN number will help you in tracking status of name change in aadhar in future, so keep URN number safe.
You will receive OTP on your registered number only so keep that mobile with you.
Update the name in Aadhar card via enrolment center or post:
- From the below-given link, download the PDF form for an update:
- Fill all required details in the form.
- After filling the form correctly with all required details, submit it at the nearest enrolment center or post it using envelop to the following address:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
How to download aadhar card?
To download aadhaar card online, you need either enrolment id or aadhar number and register mobile number with you. The steps are here:
- Visit the UIDAI website from the link given below and choose either ‘Enrolment ID’ or ‘Aadhar.’
- Now enter your 12-digit Aadhar number or Enrolment ID and all other details.
- Next click on GET OTP to get the one-time password.
- Enter a password which you receive on your phone via a text message, input the OTP and then click on ‘Validate and Download.’
E-Aadhar will download on your pc, which can open through password as the file is protected via password. The password of this E-Aadhar PDF file composed of 8 characters. The password is a combination of your name and birth year. That is the first four letters of your name, and the remaining four letters are your birth year. For example, if your name is khushboo and your year of birth is 1993, then your password will be KHUS1993.
How to open aadhar card pdf file?
After downloading the pdf file, you need a password to open it. The aadhaar password is an alphanumerical combination of 8 letters. The first four letters are your name in the capital, and the remaining four are your birth year. For example, if your name is Divyang Patel and your year of birth is 1997, your password will be DIVY1997.
How to change the aadhar card date of birth?
To change or update your birth date in your Aadhar card via two ways that are online and offline.
Note: In this method, you need your register mobile number with you. So before starting this method, you have to ensure that you have registered your mobile number with aadhar card.
- Visit the UIDAI portal from the link given below:
- Now, enter your aadhaar number with a verification code and click on the option send OTP.
- Enter the OTP receive and chose the Birth Date option, followed by language.
- Next, update all scanned document that required as proof.
- You will receive a URN number, save them and track the status using this URN number.
Offline Method Using Post
- Download the form the link given below and fill all the required details:
- Now attach all self-attested documents with the form as proof. Do not forget to specify your aadhaar number and registered mobile number.
- Send the form and all relevant document to your regional office, and in 15-20 days, your new card will dispatch.
Offline Method via Enrolment Centre
Visit your nearby Aadhar enrolment center and submit the completed form with all the relevant documents to the administrator. He/she will provide you a URN number. Use this number to track your status of an update request.
How to get duplicate aadhar card?
- Visit the official UIDAI website from the link given below:
- Next choose Aadhar card or Enrolment ID, whichever you have in the respective field
- Enter your full name and area pin code and then enter Captcha from the image given for security purposes.
- Now fill the registered mobile number in the respective field and click on Get OTP button.
- In the blank field, enter the OTP you receive on your register mobile number. Click on the ‘Validate and Download’ button.
- Your duplicate Aadhar Card or e-aadhaar card then downloaded in a PDF format. To open it, you have to use a password. The password contains 8 letters. First four letter of your name in capital word and another four are your birth year.
- For example, your name is khushboo and a birth year is 1993. So your password will KHUS1993.
- After opening the file, take a print of your e-aadhar card.
How to update aadhar card photo?
There are two ways to update the photo printed on your Aadhar card. The applicant can do it by any of one method.
Visit your nearest UIDAI office and request the officer to re-do the biometrics process. They charge you a nominal fee of 25rs. After the process, a new card will deliver you to in 15-20 days.
One can also send their request to the regional UIDAI office for aadhaar update/correction form and fill the details they want to update. At the time of submitting the form, the applicant has to attach a formal letter that requesting an officer to change the display photo in your card. Attach the new photo and copy of your aadhar card with a self-attested sign and post it to your regional office. You will get your new aadhar card in 15-20 days.
Is e-aadhar valid for a passport?
- E-aadhar and aadhar card both are valid proof as an identity as well as for address as a document for your passport.
How to check aadhar card news & latest updates?
- To check aadhar card news & latest updates, go the following link:
Is aadhar card compulsory?
- Yes, aadhar card is mandatory for many services and getting benefits of schemes under a government of India. Like the opening of bank accounts, LPG subsidies, mobile number, filing tax returns, and much more.
How to link aadhaar with pan card?
One can link PAN card with Aadhar in two ways: online and SMS
First, register to the income tax portal and log in to your account and then follow the steps given below:
- Go to My Profile and select Link Aadhar option under it.
- Verify the information displayed on the screen and check the details are correct.
- Next, enter the security or captcha code give in the box and also add aadhaar number and choose “link now” option.
- A message will display on your screen about the successful linkage of aadhaar and PAN.
- Type the message UIDPAN<12 digit aadhaar><10 digit PAN> and send it to 567678 or 56161.
How to link aadhaar with a bank account?
To link your mobile number with Aadhar, follow any of the three methods given below:
VISITING THE MOBILE OPERATOR STORE
- Go to the store and provide your mobile your number to the attendee in the store.
- Provide OTP receive on your number.
- Provide a fingerprint scan to the store person.
- A confirmation will send to you within 24 hours, reply with “Y” to complete the process.
LINK AADHAAR WITH A REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER WITH UIDAI THROUGH OTP:
- Send SMS to a mobile service provider with aadhaar number
- UIDAI will send you an OTP on your number.
- Forward the receive OTP to your mobile service provider.
LINK AADHAAR WITH MOBILE THROUGH IVR
- Request the verification number to your mobile operator.
- Select from the given options.
- Enter the detail of aadhaar number.
- Confirm all your details and your mobile number will be linked.
How to download Aadhar Card without OTP?
You download your aadhaar card using your registered email address, even if you are not able to receive the OTP on your registered mobile number by following the steps listed:
- Visit the UIDAI portal from the below link:
- Select Retrieve UID/EID.
- Enter your name, email address and at last the captcha.
- You will get the OTP on your email id, enter the OTP and click on download Aadhar option.