How to Link PAN Card to Aadhaar Card Online through e-Filing Website. In this article, we will show you how to link Aadhaar to pan card with step by step guide and also explain to you why linking Aadhar wit pan is important. So keep reading.
We have all know some process that links our two accounts, and most of us go through this process like linking your email account with a phone number or Instagram account with Facebook or any other social media account. These steps are taken so that you can’t create multiple accounts with a single email id or phone number. In the same way, the CBDT-Central Board of Direct Taxation made it mandatory to link their aadhar with PAN to know that whether they file their taxes or not. Before the deadline for linking Aadhaar card with PAN was 30th June 2018, which extended to 31st March 2019.
Many people want to do these process earlier as possible but due to lack of knowledge about how to link PAN with Aadhaar through the official e-filing portal, they may not able to finish. So if you are one of them, then this article is for you.We describe the whole process of linking the cards in detail.
Link Aadhaar Card and PAN Card
The government made it compulsory to link their Aadhaar number with PAN to all people for filing income taxes. To link both the cards, each taxpayer have to first register him/herself on e-filing website of income tax. And then they have to follow the following steps given below using the two Ids.
- First, register yourself on income tax website from the link given below: https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Registration/RegistrationHome.html
- Log in to the e-filing website using your id and password from the link given below: https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html?lang=eng
- Go to the Profile Settings tab, and click on it and open the tab available at the top of the page. A drop-down menu will open, click on Link Aadhar.
In the new page, the person can see his/her details such as name, date of birth, etc. verify it with your aadhar card and if it matches then click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ tab.
A pop-up message will show on screen with a message saying that ‘Aadhaar-PAN linking has been completed successfully.’
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN by Sending a SMS
Another easy way for taxpayers to link PAN card with your Aadhaar card using an SMS based process. You have to use fix format decide by the department to link your Aadhaar with PAN, which is given below:
Open your SMS application and type UIDPAN <12-digit Aadhaar number><10-digit PAN>and send it to 56161 or 567678
For Example UIDPAN 123456789012 BUFPP2408N
You can also fill your Aadhaar details in the PAN database by adding the information in the request to change while requesting to reprint the PAN card or by considering the same in the application to get an allocation for the new PAN. Once the UIDAI verifies the data, linking will complete.
Correction Facility for Linking your PAN with Aadhar Card
The Department of Income Tax has started an online portal that let you correct the errors in your information mention on your PAN card & Aadhaar card like the name, birth date, etc. With the linking two card, information correction, the IT Department now added two hyperlinks on an official website for e-filing your tax returns online.
One link will take you to detail connection from, and another will lead you to the application page of the PAN card for a citizen or a foreigner. You can quickly log in to the Aadhaar SSUP and update all the details, and as a proof, for details update, you can also upload all the scanned documents with the data update request.
- IMPORTANCE OF AADHAAR PAN LINKING
Both the PAN and the Aadhaar Card have a unique identification number; they can use as an identity proof, which is mandatory for various registration and verification purposes.
The government has made it obligatory for all the people to link their Aadhaar card with the PAN cards due to the following reasons.
- Multiple PAN Cards:
Some people have two or more pan cards and they applying from the different pan cards to save the tax, and as a result, it cheats the government.
People who apply for more than one PAN card use one of the cards for some of the financial transactions and pay taxes only for those transactions. The other cards used for other purchases or other accounts that they hide from the Income Tax Department, and avoid paying taxes for the same.
By linking the PAN card with Aadhaar, the government can link the identity of the person through his Aadhaar card and track the financial record through PAN card. If the government finds that a person has more than one PAN card, they take legal action against them.
- Tax Evasion:
The government can keep eyes on the transactions that are done by the taxable of a person whose Aadhaar will be used to verify the address and identity, by linking PAN with Aadhaar card. What it means that every activity and transaction will record by the government and can find if the person is paying tax or not. If not then later he/she will be taxed, if needed.
Hence, tax avoidance will be a thing of the past as the government already have the all the current, and future record of the transactions. So a person has to pay a tax if he/she is applicable.
- Income Tax Filing Made Easy:
After linking their PAN with Aadhaar card, entities will not have to submit their Income Tax Acknowledgement to the I-T Department. Because of which one will able to e-File their tax returns quickly without any hassle.
FAQs for Linking Aadhaar with PAN
- Is Aadhaar Card mandatory for NRIs while applying for a PAN Card?
- After the government declared Aadhaar card necessary for applying for a PAN Card, NRIs were confused that they have to apply for pan car also or not. According to the UIDAI, if you are an NRI and have not stayed in the country for 182 days or more in the last 12 months, then you don’t need Aadhaar card at the time of applying for PAN Card. However, NRIs can’t apply for PAN card online, for that they have to go through offline mode only.
- Do I have to get an Aadhaar Card and link it with PAN card if I don’t fall in the taxable bracket?
- For everyone, it is advisable to link PAN with Aadhaar card to assure that your PAN is valid even if you do not fall in the taxable bracket. Aadhaar is required to get avail most of the benefits provided by the government of India, so it is always a good option to get an Aadhaar card for yourself.
- What tax benefits will I receive when I link PAN Card with Aadhaar?
- After you link your PAN card with Aadhaar, you will be available to get the following benefits:
- You can file your tax returns
- Your PAN will become valid
- You can verify your returns online with aadhar register mobile number
- You can ensure the security and change or reset the password of your e-filing account to block malicious activity by an unauthorized user.
It is all about How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card. Hopefully, it is useful to you. We will help you in case if you have any doubts or problems at the time of linking. Feel free to ask us. Thank you!