- Aadhar Card – Details
- The three ways you can update your Aadhar card
- Aadhar Card Update/Correction- Address, Name, Mobile No Online
- Aadhar Card Address Updation Process
- Updating Aadhar Details via Post
- Visiting Nearby Enrolment Centre
- Important Points to Remember While Updating Aadhar Details
- Supporting Documents for Aadhar Card
- Aadhar FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Aadhar card
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online – Step By Step Guide, In this article, we will show you how to update your Aadhar card details at SSUP online portal using different methods for updating Aadhar card details. So keep reading this article.
Most of all countries around the world have a unique method to identify the residents of the country. For example, the USA has a Social Security Number (SSN) which helps the government to provide specific services, gives a unique identity to the citizens, provide services and security to the citizen of the country.
Even India also adopt the unique identification concept as a part of development methodologies. The concept comes into existence as a name of Aadhar Card. It is the largest national identification number project in the entire world!
So if you applied for Aadhar card but due to some reason want to update your details, you are at right place. Because in this guide we will show you how to update your Aadhar Card details.
Aadhar Card – Details
The details provided by the citizen of India recorded in the UIDAI- Unique Identification Authority of India portal/system. The UIDAI collect all of your necessary information including fingerprints and retinal scan, but on the card, only specific details mentioned which are necessary.
The details that available on the Aadhar card given below:
- Aadhar Number
- Date of Birth
- Address of Residence
- QR code that represents the Aadhar Number
- The biometric information contains a facial picture, fingerprints, and retinal scan.
The three ways you can update your Aadhar card
The three ways you can update your Aadhar card
Aadhar card is now mandatory, and it works as a proper identity proof for every citizen of India. It uses as an Identity Card, Residence Proof, document for Bank Account Opening, availing subsidies under Government Schemes, Income Tax services, gets pension benefits, etc.
In short, it is one of the important document so if there are any biometric or demographic changes; it is important to update all the details so that it can save in CIDR-Central Identities Data Repository.
There are three methods to update your Aadhar Card details, given below:
- Updating Online
- Updating details via Post
- Updating by visiting nearby Enrolment Centre
Aadhar Card Update/Correction- Address, Name, Mobile No Online
Here are the steps to update the Aadhar card details online. So read it carefully and follow each of them.
- Login to the UIDAI official website from the link given below:
- Now enter your Aadhar card number and verified text from the image given above the box of text verification. Next, click on the option of “Send OTP” and enter the OTP with the Captcha code and hit the “Submit” tab.
- Now you will redirect to a new page of “Data Request Page.” Here you have to choose the field that needs to apply changes.
- Update the scanned copy of the proof. For instance, for address changes upload a scanned copy of address proof and so on.
- Fill up all the required details and check them twice for the accuracy of the information as you will get these details on your new Aadhar card.
- As you complete the above steps, A URN (Update Request Number) will generate through which the applicant can track the Aadhar card update process.
- Download the copy containing the URN or note it down as it is useful to check the status of your request. Once your card updated, you can download and print the updated Aadhar card.
- With this URN, the applicant can check the Aadhar Card update status any time. But with the latest update of portal now one can only update the address details online. If a person wants to change any other details like given below, then they have to must visit the nearest Aadhar Enrolment Centre:
- Applicant’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
If you are on the online SSUP- Self-Service Update Portal for correction of Aadhar details, then you can update only your Demographic details that is Address. And if you want to use it, it must need your mobile number registered with it to use this service.
Aadhar Card Address Updation Process
- Login to SSUP portal from the link given below
- Enter your Aadhar Number and click on “Send OTP” option.
- Now enter the OTP, receive on your register mobile number and choose “Address Option.”
- Next, enter the details of address to CONFIRM the same and select Proof of Address
- After the request submitted, select the option for authentication so that URN will generate.
Note: To know more about Aadhar update details go to the link given below :
Updating Aadhar Details via Post
Through Post, you can also update the Aadhar Card details by following the steps given below to complete the process.
- From the below-given link download the Aadhar Data Correction/Update Form:
- Now fill the details that you want to change in your Aadhar card.
- Submit the photocopies of the documents as proof of address change and attached with the form.
- Send the form and supporting documents on any of postal address mention below:
|Address 1: UIDAI||Address 2: UIDAI|
|Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
|Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
Visiting Nearby Enrolment Centre
Aadhar Enrolment centers are places where all the new card or any update process takes place including taking their biometric and demographic details for the UIDAI enrolment process. Certain enrolment agencies also work as Aadhar Enrolment Centres with Registrars who operate all the process related to Aadhar card.
These agencies assure continuously provide information to the UIDAI database. The primary objective of Aadhar Enrolment Centre is enrolment of the new applicant, assistance to existing Aadhar card holders, Aadhar card updating details, etc. For the first time, this service is free, and later a nominal fee is applicable as per UIDAI decided. You can find Aadhar Enrolment Centres in different cities from the link given below:
To know about Aadhar Enrolment Centre in Tier I cities, click on the link given below:
Citizens who have an Aadhar card can update their details by visiting the nearest Enrolment Centre by following the steps given below:
- First, fill the Aadhar Correction form as an applicant and ensure you fill all the details correctly.
- Now, attach self-attested proofs that support the update changes as you request in the form.
- Go to the nearest Aadhar enrolment center and submit the form to the executive with the relevant document proofs.
- The charges at enrolment Centres is Rs. 25/- for every visit for details correction like mobile number, biometric data, photo, etc.
The children who are of 5 years old should visit Aadhar enrolment center and apply for their biometric data. When they 15 old years, they should revisit an enrolment center and again submit their biometric data for the same Aadhar card. This biometric data considered the final data and remains with your Aadhar for a lifetime until you do not make any changes.
Important Points to Remember While Updating Aadhar Details
At the time of updating Aadhar details, there are some things that to remember as Aadhar Card is an important document and we need to assure that all the specifications provided by us are accurate and genuine both at the time of applying and at the time of Correction of details. Incorrect declaration lead to rejection of the application, and you have to follow the whole process again from starting. Here are some important points to remember while updating Aadhar details
- Submit correct details like Date of Birth, Name, Address, Gender, etc. in the particularized field of the application form.
- You can choose to fill in the details in your local language or English (note that mention numbers in English).
- The supporting documents for updating details provided as per the requirement that supports the detail that requested to change by the candidate.
- For future reference to check the status, keep the URN number with you.
- Please do not skip the obligatory fields in the application form.
- The updated Aadhar card will deliver at your mention address in the application form.
Supporting Documents for Aadhar Card
For the supporting documents for updating/correction of the Aadhar card details, you can read the below list:
- PAN Card
- Voter Identification Card or Photo Identification issued by the Government of India-GOI
- Birth Certificate
- Driving Licence
- Photo Card issued by Recognised Educational Institution
- Freedom fighter Photo Card or Photo card of Pensioner
- Photo Credit Card
- Arms Licence
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Legally approved Certificate
- Photo Bank Passbook
- Marriage Certificate issued by the marriage Registrar
- Insurance Policy
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.
- Residence Address Proof along with Name and Photo issued initially by the Department of Posts
- Water Bill which is not more than three months old/Electricity / Telephone bill for three months
- Ration Card
- Registered Agreement of Sale, rent or lease of the applicant’s residential address
- Spouse’s Passport
- Last three months bill of Gas connection
- For minors, a parent’s passport required
Reasons Why Correction/updating of Details Gets Rejected
The UIDAI- Unique Identification Authority of India has specific procedures to approve the changes asked by the applicants. Once all these criteria satisfied, they will update/ change your details you have a request for on their system. Make note that some of the changes may get rejected too as per the situation.
Let us have a look at the conditions that have to fulfill before the changes made to the Aadhar details:
- The application form has to fill appropriately without any blank box or any errors.
- One must have attested sufficient supporting documents along with the application form because without it the correction/updating of details cannot take place
- All details you provide have to match with the application form and the supporting documents. If it does not match, then UIDAI decline the process of correction.
- In case of rejection of Aadhar card application due to any reason, applicants can make significant changes in the form and send the request again along with appropriate supporting documents.
Aadhar FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Aadhar card
- What fields can update in Aadhar?
- The Demographic details and Biometric details can update like Name, DOB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email id, Finger Prints, Iris and Photograph.
- How can I change or update my Aadhar details?
- There are three ways to do the same- By visiting the nearest Enrolment Centre, by post or online option by visiting www.uidai.gov.in.
- What corrections can I get updated through online Self Service portal?
- Before the latest update, demographic details can update online like Name, DOB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email id but as per update now only address can update online.
- Should I get the original documents to the Enrolment Centre?
- Yes, you have to carry all necessary original documents to the Enrolment Centre, which will be given back to you after the verification.
- Will the Aadhar number change after correcting the details?
- No, the Aadhar number remains the same.
- How long does it take to update the details on Aadhar card?
- It would take maximum up to 90 dates to update the details.
It is all about How to Update Aadhar Card Details. The government of India has taken various steps to make sure that all citizens apply for Aadhar card as it comes in use to avail multiple government schemes and offers. This Aadhar project is the world’s largest biometric system with a 12-digit unique identification number only for the Indian citizens. Now the post office and banks also provide the service as the enrolment centers and online application options.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Our experts will ready to help you in any case of query, assistance or help. So if you have any doubts leave your comment in the comment section below, and we will answer it as soon as possible. Thank you for reading!